Doha’s Championship course sits on a site of 150 hectares, so for audiences attending Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, finding the best place to watch the four days of world class golf is their first priority.
With the January weather in Qatar an average of 21 centigrade and sunny, it’s perfect weather for golf. You may want to walk around the course following some of the world’s top golfers - Branden Grace, Sergio Garcia and Louis Oosthuizen. If that sounds like too much work there are several areas along the course and around the Clubhouse to take a pause.
We have asked Anthony Miley - a PGA Professional at the Doha Golf Club - to recommend some of the best spectating spots for the tournament. Here are his six favourite:
1) The Driving Range – This is a place anyone who plays golf should include in their plans. Watch the golfers warm up and prepare up close, seeing how the world’s best do it. The ever-popular Golf Trick Shot Boys will return to entertain kids and adults alike with their action-packed daily golf show!
2) The 16th Green and 17th Tee – Grandstands – The 16th is often considered one of the course’s signature holes, with a large rock formation and a lake to the right of the tee. Plus there’s always a chance to see a hole in one at the par-3 17th, which would be an incredible memory to take home.
3) The Public Village – This is a great area to take lunch or relax, all while keeping up with the action around the course. The Public Village includes a big screen showing the live golf all day, a live leaderboard, merchandise tents, food and beverages and more. It’s also where Hip-Hop grammy winners Arrested Development and Soul II Soul will play on Friday 29 January.
4) Area including 5th Green, 6th Tee, 7th Green and 8th Tee – With each of these four spots in close proximity, fans can move around this area and see a variety of different shots and golfers with some outstanding views of the lakes.
5) The 18th Grandstand – Of course this would be a great spot to watch a dramatic finish, but throughout the tournament, the grandstand provides a fantastic view down the par-5 18th. Watch as the golfers come right at you - the players will typically be going for the green with their second or third shot - and then see them putt out to finish the hole.
6) The Family Zone – When you want a break from the golfing action, head to the Family Zone on the lawn beside the clubhouse. For kids of all ages to try out a range of sports including mini basketball, mini tennis, mini golf and mini soccer alongside gourmet food offerings.
Here is what the 2016 Event Schedule has in store for you
Sunday 24 & Monday 25 January Player arrivals and official practice days
Monday 25 January A six-hole challenge match shootout from 2.00 - 4.00pm
Tuesday 26 January Pro-Am tournament 6.00 - 4.00pm followed by the Pro-Am presentation and Gala Dinner at The St. Regis Doha
Wednesday 27 January Round 1. Two Tee Start from 6.30 onwards
Thursday 28 January Round 2. Two Tee Start from 6.30 onwards
Friday 29 January Round 3 Two Tee Start from 6.30 onwards. Concert after play
Saturday 30 January Final round, followed by prize presentation on the 18th Green
To stay up to date with all tournament news follow us on:
Tickets: For more information head over to our ticket page