Best spots to watch the tournament
We asked Doha Golf Club's General Manage and the Event Manager for Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, Chris Myers where some of the best spectator spots on the Championship Course are.
With a large field of players and 18 different holes spread across a large area, live-golf patrons sometimes find the "Where Should I Watch?" decision to be daunting.
You may find yourself wanting to set up at one primary location along the course, allowing you to see many golfers in the field and to compare their shot-making as they play through. Conversely, you may want to move around the course and see as much of it as possible, or follow the galleries alongside your favourite golfers.
At the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, there's no wrong answer, as the Championship Course at Doha Golf Club will feature plenty of intriguing holes, spectator-friendly vantage points and world-class golfers.
In case you would like a little direction, we have asked Anthony to recommend some of the best spectating spots for this week's tournament. Here are his five favourite:
1) The 16th Green and 17th Tee Grandstands
- You're well positioned to watch a lot of action here, and the 16th is often considered one of the course's signature holes. Plus there's always a chance to see a hole in one at the par-3 17th, which would be an incredible memory to take home. The first player to record a hole in one during any of the four championship rounds will receive a 155,000 USD voucher from Qatar Duty Free, official retail partner of the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
2) The Public Village
- This is a great area to take lunch or relax, all while keeping up with the action around the course. The Public Village includes a big screen showing the live golf all day, a live leaderboard, merchandise tents, food and beverages and more.
3) Area Including 5th Green, 6th Tee, 7th Green and 8th Tee
- With each of these four spots in close proximity, fans can move around this area and see a variety of different shots and golfers.
4) The 18th Grandstand
- Of course this would be a great spot to watch a dramatic finish, but throughout the tournament, the grandstand provides a fantastic view of the approach and green. Watch as the golfers come right alongside you - the players will typically be going for the green with their second or third shot - and then see them putt out to finish the hole.
5) The Driving Range
- This is a place anyone who plays golf should include in their plans. Watch the golfers warm up and prepare up close, seeing how the world's best do it. This is also where the trick shot shows and demonstration will occur throughout the week, and they are quite impressive. (Check the driving range sign boards for timings).
You can download the tournament map here
Listen to Lloyd Bell, tournament radio for Commercial Bank Qatar Masters, as they interview Anthony Miley, Operations Manager providing a guide to the course.